Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Resolution

                               Does Life Get In The Way Of Your Plans???

                              

The title of this blog is from an award winning song by John Lennon.   When you come right down to it, truer words could never be spoken.  Life does in fact get in the way of our plans.

Today is a day like any other.  I am sure that many of you got out of bed and began your day like every other day in your life.  Bathroom stop, think about the days activities, say good morning to family, or in the case of a single person, your pet, or if alone, just meditate on the days coming events.

In my case, I am thinking about an offer that I recently wrote and as with many of my offers, another offer on the same home on the same day is presented to the buyer.  So I find myself biting my nails wondering if I did a good enough job in convincing my client to offer more than my competitor' client did.  Go figure, the market is slow for over a year and homes are sitting for even longer.  My client and I find the perfect home and wouldn't you know it, another offer at the very same moment.

That's Life.   Frank Sinatra made a song very famous talking about it.   Listen to the lyrics of it and you will soon realize that life is full of ups, downs, sideways and maybes.  Yes and no, now or later.

How do you react to the set backs of your life?

This blog today is not to educate.  Not to advise.  Not even to entertain.  No, I am writing this today to talk about life and all that it offers all of us.
As in many of my prior blogs, I write of being positive; glass half full; good attitude and the like.  I am here to remind all of us to get up each and every day with an attitude of happiness.
 
I am a movie goer and sometimes quote a great line that some other person wrote for the movie to give it that wow factor.  To tug on your emotions and feelings so that you leave the theater with that statement on your mind.  In the ending of Tombstone, Val Kilmer, playing the part of Doc Holiday, tells Wyatt Earp, played by Kurt Russell, that there is no normal life.  There's just life.
 
You need to find your happiness in whatever that may be.

Don't let life get in the way of your plans today.   Take it one step at a time.  Take everything in stride and choose to be happy.  I find that when I have a good attitude, I make those around me happy too.
Enjoy life.  It's the only one you will ever have.  Make the most of it.    Happiness cannot be found in gold, riches or success.  It is from within.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment